A commercial truck insurance package has many different parts called coverages. There are different ways to cover the many risks you face in operating your truck. Your coverage decisions will need to be sufficient to protect you from any potential catastrophes. Your livelihood can be taken away in a split second if you don’t have the proper coverage’s in place. With the proper amount of insurance, you will have peace of mind knowing that should a loss occur, you will be covered.
- Primary Liability Insurance: This insurance is intended to cover damages to someone else’s property, or an injury to someone else during an accident where you are at fault.
- General Liability Insurance: This coverage will protect you from risks that happen off the road, such as a slip and fall at your office.
- Physical Damage Coverage: This coverage will help fix damage to your truck if you are involved in an accident. This coverage sometimes protects your truck from theft as well.
- Motor Truck Cargo Insurance: This coverage protects you if your load is damaged during transit.
- Non-Trucking Liability Insurance: This insurance offers coverage for damages or injuries to others while the truck is not dispatched on a job.Trailer Interchange Insurance: This covers a non-owned trailer being used under a trailer interchange agreement.
- Medical Payments Insurance: This insurance covers medical bills if you or a passenger is injured while driving or riding in the truck. The available coverage’s for this type of commercial truck insurance varies from state to state.
- Uninsured Motorists Coverage: This insurance provides protection if you are in an accident with someone who does not have any insurance or does not have enough insurance.
- Workers Compensation: If you have employees, this coverage would pay your workers if they were hurt or disabled on the job.
- Trucking Umbrella Policy: In most cases you may need more protection than your existing policy maximums. An umbrella policy will provide excess liability coverage.
Not only are the types of insurance that are available important, but also the types of businesses we insure. While we will work with you to come up with customized plans to meet your business needs, these represent some of the commercial truck insurance products we offer:
- Delivery Trucks
- Long Haul and Local Tractor Trucks
- Sand & Gravel Dump Trucks
- New Ventures
- UIIA & Intermodal
- Auto Transport
- Refuse and Trash Collection Trucks
- High Risk Transport Trucks
Other features we offer to owner operators and large fleet operators are:
- Truckers Roadside Assistance
- Same Day I.D. Cards
- Flexible Payment Options
- National Coverage
Selecting commercial truck insurance for your big rig can be a confusing process. At the end of the day, you want to properly cover your risks so an unforeseen peril doesn’t knock you out of business. You will need to ask several questions before making the final coverage decisions.
- What are the deductibles for the various coverages?
- How much can I save by raising the deductible?
- What are the limits for the different coverages?
- Are my current limits adequate, or am I underinsured?
- Are there coverages on my policy that I don’t need?
- What are some ways I can get discounts on my policy?
Price isn’t everything.
As you can see, there are many choices to make for even a basic commercial truck insurance policy. Some truckers make the mistake of choosing their insurance based solely on price. Price is certainly an important factor, but having the proper amount of trucker’s insurance can be a decision that will make or break your livelihood.
Whether you’re in the market for owner/operator truck insurance or insurance to serve an entire fleet of drivers, we can help make sure your needs are met. Semi (long haul) truck drivers face many challenges on the road while engaging in a high-risk profession. We believe that offering outstanding service and insurance products helps you get the protection you need to safeguard your drivers as well as your business.